Sunday, December 16, 2012

Assignment 4-Revision


Today is our 12-12-12 reading day and everyone spent time reading to a class on our campus. Developing an action research plan is hard to develop if the topic is not interesting or does not provide enough data. One change in my action research plan is to change the question some. The new question Goal: Can Accelerated Reader and I-Station program at Roger Q. Mills be used to monitor and improve struggling students to improve reading and math skills of identified RTI (Response to Intervention) Tier II & III students?  I added in the name of the school and changed the question to use software that is already on our campus.
I had a chance to talk to our Accelerated Reader representative and she showed me how to use the program to monitor students’ progress. Specific reports can be looked at on the Accelerated Reader and I-Station program. I went to my principal and told her about the lasting effects of Accelerated Reader and explained to her how I would use AR in the library to help struggling readers.
Subfield Questions Changed:
  1. Is the Accelerated Reader (AR) and I-Station program going to help progress monitor reading or math program for Tier II and III students?
  2. What specific area of reading and math, does the school need to focus attention on with I-Station and AR?
  3. What types of reports can AR and I-Station help build student success?
  4. How many times a week do students need to be pulled to work on RTI lessons online?
Need Resources Changed:
  1. I-Station
  2. Accelerated Reader (AR)
  3. Google Docs
  4. STAAR results
Evaluation
  1. I-Station student progress reports
  2. Accelerated Reader (AR) reports
My principal is the only administrator on the campus of 500 students and the information I gather from her is precious because of her tight schedule. I know how important it is to get the students level of knowledge/understanding up because our principal is focused on the academic success of her staff and students.
Providing feedback on the Action Research project is important to me and I know that my principal is doing all she can to help me understand what needs are important to our school and how can we (the staff) make changes that will leave a lasting and positive effect for the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment